[Instant Solution] Much Eye Contact
You will create a speech as a way to share information with the audience.
- Think about new/useful information regarding a topic that is important to you. Logical arrangement of main points and supporting information should provide your audience with audience of the chosen topic. For example, your speech could cover:
- Your major/intended career.
- A hobby or sport that you are passionate about.
- Something that you have had personal experience in or are planning on pursuing.
My major is social work.
2. Create a 7-9 minute speech. Keep the following in mind:
- You may choose to structure your speech using the motivated sequence design or the problem/cause/solution design.
- You should deliver your speech extemporaneously from brief notes that occupy no more than 4 notecards.
- Do not read your speech, but use as much eye contact as possible.
- Practice, and time yourself.
- Refer to Assignment 5: Persuasive Speech [PDF] Assignment 5: Persuasive Speech [PDF] – Alternative Formats for how your speech will be critiqued.