[Instant Solution] Equal Pay Act Fair
- Human resources departments have evolved significantly over time, and state and federal governments are most responsible for how these departments function today. HR policies have always been highly influenced by the passage of new laws (e.g., HIPAA and the Affordable Care Act) and by regulatory policies and safety protections enforced by federal agencies (e.g., nondiscrimination, antiharassment, and retaliation policies under the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and safety standards set by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)).
One very important function required of a human resources business partner is to interpret and explain human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, and regulations to other people in the organization. In this role, you need to communicate with hiring managers about how to remain compliant with legal, safety, and regulatory requirements. You have been tasked with writing a report to communicate and analyze the effect of legal, safety, and regulatory requirements on HR processes and their effect on personnel management.
Research and examine the effects of the following agencies and laws that impact legal, safety, and regulatory requirements in the field of human resources:
- U.S. Department of Labor (DOL)
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA)
- Equal Pay Act
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Assessment Deliverable
Write a 700- to 1,050-word report to help guide hiring managers to adopt best practices in compliance with legal, safety, and regulatory requirements. Include the following in your report:
- The effect of legal, safety, and regulatory requirements on the HR process
- An analysis of employee-related regulations and agencies established by the United States, such as the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Your opinion on the following statement: “Common sense and compassion in the workplace have been replaced by litigation.”
- How a leader may use this information to better guide their own behavior and staff
- Cite at least 3 references.
Format your report according to APA guidelines.